THE FUNERALS AGREEMENT: HOW DOES IT WORK?
The funeral agreement allows the subscriber to plan the capital and the conduct of the funeral as part of the funeral planning process.
There are two types of contracts:
– The capital agreement provides for the setting aside of capital in order to organize the subscriber’s funeral.
– The provident agreement also allows you to set aside capital for the funeral and offers the subscriber the possibility of planning the conditions for organizing the funeral (religious or civil ceremony, burial or cremation, announcement…)
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS FOR BENEFITING FROM IT?
There is no age limit or prior health examination to open a funeral contract.
IS IT A BIG FINANCIAL INVESTMENT?
Its cost generally reaches a maximum of €3,000 to 3,500, intended to cover the costs of organizing the funeral. But you can choose to pay in several instalments, sometimes very modest, which can range up to 15 years.
HOW CAN I PAY?
There are three types of contributions:
- One-time contribution: one-time payment
- Temporary contribution: payment in several instalments
- Lifetime contribution: works on the same principle as the temporary one but the payment ends only when the subscriber dies
WHAT DOES THIS CONTRACT BRING ME?
In addition to saving your loved ones from financial worries, it allows you to clearly record your last wishes, which will be followed to the letter.
WHAT KIND OF GUARANTEES IS AVAILABLE?
First, if the custodian company of your contract were to close, your account would automatically be taken over by a third-party company, previously designated by Santilly. With the same vigilance, an insurer is appointed to keep the amount paid into your capital until death. Additional coverage, your contract includes repatriation assistance in the event of death outside our borders.
WILL MY CAPITAL BE VALUED?
It will be upgraded each year.
AND IF THE ORGANIZATION OF THE FUNERAL DOES NOT REQUIRE SPENDING THE ENTIRE CAPITAL?
If there is any money left, you can give it to a relative who you have designated when you sign the agreement. Also note that, except in exceptional cases, this capital is exempt from inheritance tax.
WHICH BENEFICIARY TO CHOOSE?
You can choose a natural person, i.e. a member of your family or a close relative. Otherwise, you have the option of opting for a legal entity. Most often, it is a funeral parlour